Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I Didn't Study For My Drug Test



Needless to say, I haven't gotten off to a very good start on this assignment.

I crashed my car on the way here...see previous post.

So, I get a phone call yesterday, my first day on the job by the way. My drug test came back positive. "Are you taking a lot of medication?" she asks. Um, yeah!

I'm a stressed out, menopausal heart patient with high Blood Pressure, high Cholesterol, trying to quit smoking who had a recent carotid endarterectomy!

"Well, can you just send us a copy of your prescriptions?"

"Well, I don't HAVE prescriptions. I have bottles of pills."

So, I go in search of the copy machine. Cool, it's in a closet size room, alone, with a door. Thank God for scrubs...lots of pockets. I sneak my six bottles of scripts in there and two by two try to place them on the copy machine, without them rolling around and then of course I had to get two angles of each, so you could read the whole label.

Today, thankfully, was pretty uneventful.

1 comment:

ShirleyAnn said...

Sharing freely with a person close to you will cut down on the chances of this happening again.