Saturday, September 27, 2008

RIP Paul Newman



I can't add much more than is already on the web.

I did try to search to see what kind of cancer he had, but it seems like nobody knows. In June of this year, Newman's reps denied reports that he had lung cancer. Not that it matters, but I posted a blog about a year ago, somewhere, now lost in cyberspace, about several celebrities that smoked in some of the old TV shows and/or appeared in cigarette commercials and later died from lung cancer.

I also found an article that had an interesting tidbit about Newman being on Richard Nixon's enemy list in the 70s, which Newman considered an honor...

"A committed liberal, Newman openly campaigned for several Democratic Party candidates -- which got him onto Republican president Richard Nixon's famous list of enemies in the 1970s.

"Being on president Nixon's enemies list was the highest single honor I've ever received," Newman said in a 2006 interview. "Who knows who's listening to me now and what government list I'm on?"

No comments: