Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Latest Death Hag Mission

Yes, I'm a Death Hag. Scott Michaels is one of my heroes. I went on both of his tours...the Dearly Departed Tour and the Helter Skelter Tour, when I was in LA. Loved them both. Since my dream of being Scott Michaels' personal assistant, co-pilot or just tag-a-long will never come to pass, I began going on my own, what I call, death hag missions. I will (maybe) post some of my previous trips later.

Anywho...my recent trip was to Tipton, MO, to the grave of Gene Clark. Who is Gene Clark you ask? He was a singer-songwriter, and one of the founding members of the folk-rock group The Byrds. His accomplishments go beyond The Byrds...way beyond. You can read more
here and here.



Gene Clark died May 24, 1991, at age 46, just 4 months after The Byrds were inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.
He was buried in Tipton, MO, per his request (according to some web sources).





Since I've been slacking on my guitar playing practice, maybe I can get a little inspiration from Gene Clark...



Interestingly, although Gene Clark originally played guitar with the Byrds, according to one web source I found, he was reduced to playing the Tambourine, as shown in the video above, when David Crosby took over the guitar playing. Maybe I should buy a Tambourine...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude was anyone else in that cemetery when you were playin your guitar? They probably thought you were a Looney Bird. Maybe Larry was there and he "thunk" you'd be his type. HA-HA I crack myself up.
Love you Death Hag!

Anonymous said...

BTW me love The Byrds. They are in my iPod Hall of Fame (i.e. not to be deleted)