Sunday, March 15, 2009

Retail Therapy

"We've become a nation measuring out our lives in shopping bags and nursing our psychic ills through retail therapy." Chicago Tribune - 12/24/1986


When we arrived in Kansas City, after our fabulous trip to Houston...our luggage was lost, we did all the reporting stuff and left wondering what toiletries I have doubles of, what I need to go buy, what meds I can borrow from Pa 'til my bag gets to me...about 15 miles from the airport, I got a call and our bags arrived on the next flight...how does that happen?...so we go back to the airport to get our bags. I got a call in the midst of looking for and reporting our bags from my middle child...drama, I won't go into the details. I guess I was getting sick in Houston and when we got back it got worse...my ears wouldn't unplug, my throat hurt, my head was full of snot. So on my drive from Lee's Summit after departing from one sister and my oldest child, I get a call from my baby...18 year old...drama, he has to go to Kentucky to court for a citation from last month on a rodeo trip and will probably have to spend 3 days in jail. I go home with that "let down" feeling after a fun-filled vacation and the next morning I feel like I'm gonna die...I can't breath, there is fire in my throat, snot in my head and I don't know what in my ears, so I call in sick for work after being gone for 5 days...not too big of a deal, I can work on Saturday. Friday night at about 11:00 PM my oldest child texted me...drama, she broke the toilet handle and the toilet was running and she couldn't turn the knob to turn the water off...AAAAAAHHHHHHH. So Saturday work sucked. Nobody else was there, so it was boring and I had to do a bunch of screens and I HATE screens. So, Saturday afternoon...I'm sick of work, still not feeling that great health-wise, and tired of packing up and going back and forth. So I decided I would stay down here in Petticoat Junction or what I'm beginning to think of as Creepyville, in my flea bag motel and get some rest and peace. But by the time I got off of work, I started feeling depressed about not going home and sitting in the motel room doing nothing...Light Bulb!! Outlet Mall 20 miles away...shopping!

I went to Bath & Body Works, of course. Their stuff has a new look...




Got some new scrubs...I needed a change of colors...


Got a new pair of Skechers...


Found some cheap books...




My "Psychic Ill" is all better now! Not bad therapy for a couple hundred bucks.

No comments: