Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Widow Maker



I now have a new CYPHER® Sirolimus-eluting Coronary Stent in my LAD Artery...otherwise known as "The Widow Maker".

It was all so fast, my head is still spinning...

I did the 2 week...hmmm, is it, nah...and then the 2 or 3 day debate...should I go, is it my imagination?...Indigestion?...Bronchitis? So on Tuesday, I decided to go get checked out...no need to alarm the family, I'll just run in and hope they tell me I have bronchitis and be on my way...what? My cardiac enzymes are normal overall, but the isoenzymes are slightly elevated? Again...what? I spend the night, as I have on several false alarm trips to the ER...the cardiologist says my overnight tests were good, but he wants to go in and look around...tomorrow, Thurday, March 19th...shit, not again...I don't have time for this...I guess I have to tell the family now...Mom and Dad run down on Thurday morning...I go into the cath lab...the stent I had put in back in May of last year closed...new stent...lay on your back for 2 hours...which turned out to be more like 4 or 6...pull out the sheath...lay for 8 more hours...Friday, the cardiologist comes in and says "I think you're ready to go home." Oops...just let me find a ride...ok...back to the motel friday afternoon...like I said, my head is still spinning...back to work tomorrow!

No comments: