Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What Happened To My House Dream?


I don't like dreaming. I never have. I don't usually remember good dreams, only weird scary dreams. I used to have a recurring house dream...it wasn't always bad and it wasn't always the same house...it was always a huge house with several bedrooms, living rooms and dining rooms...I know, who needs more than one or two living rooms and dining rooms...and it was always fully furnished, like somebody just left it...and it was always now mine...it was sometimes haunted and spooky...I would be going through the house, looking through all the rooms, that were all connected by doors, not by hallways...and going through all of the stuff...old clothes, dresses, jewelry, pictures, knick knacks, everything...it was an interesting dream, even though it was sometimes scary.

Now I seem to have a new recurring dream...a mouthful of glass!! WTF? I've had this dream several times now...it's not always exactly the same place or the same circumstance, but I always take a big drink of something and then realize I have a mouth full of glass, and then I'm trying to get it out of my mouth without swallowing or cutting the inside of my mouth.

I miss my house dreams...even the scary ones.

3 comments:

ShirleyAnn said...

I loved my "going through the big house dream". Mine was never scary, I just could not figure out which livingroom I would use and how I would relocate the furniture. I never ever got through it all.
I had the "all the teeth crumbling in my mouth" dream. Marjie used to have it too.

Anonymous said...

I have the house dreams too, but it's my house, but it goes on and on and I live there and there are ususally 50 million children running around and it's fully furnished and I have no idea how I ended up living there, but I do. and it's a twisty turny maze house.

BTW me love Johnny Depp long time. AI WANNA SEX HIM UP! :)

I use to have the teeth crumbling dream (I think we talked about that when you were here.)

Research of "eating glass" dreams:

To see broken glass in your dream, signifies a change in your life. Alternatively, it could be symbolic of an aspect of your life that is in pieces. You will find that a situation will come to an abrupt and untimely end. If you are walking on broken glass, then it suggests that you will be experiencing some heartache or pain.

To dream that you are eating glass, highlights your vulnerability, confusion and frailty. You may have difficulties in communicating your thoughts across and getting the right words out. Alternatively, it may symbolize your hurtful and cutting comments. Perhaps you have been hurt or disappointed by something that someone had said. Or you need to be careful in how you phrase and word things or run the risk of offending others.

Jackie said...

Hmmmm